Started studying for the DAT, at a loss for what resources I should be using.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iridionprime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a bit of research around these forums as to what resources I should use to study and I came up with the following:

Bio: DAT Gold Standard
Chem: Chad's and Gold standard
OChem: Chad's and Gold standard
PAT: CrackDAT
QR: not sure
VR: not sure

I'm not too sure about the quality of gold standard and I can't find much in the way of opinions on it either. What would be the ideal setup for studying for the DAT (in terms of what study material gave the most people the best results)? Should I trust the gold standard? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Want to promote Gold Standard some more? I've never even heard of that. Spend 10 minutes reading through the DAT Discussion forum and you'll find all the resources you need. Destroyer, Chad's, Crack DAT PAT, Bootcamp and more.

Reactions: 1 users
Want to promote Gold Standard some more? I've never even heard of that. Spend 10 minutes reading through the DAT Discussion forum and you'll find all the resources you need. Destroyer, Chad's, Crack DAT PAT, Bootcamp and more.

I thought Bootcamp wasn't that great because it contains a lot of mistakes and doesn't cover the Nernst equation? Heard that from a friend.

(SmileDesignerDDS)

Trollface.png

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought Bootcamp wasn't that great because it contains a lot of mistakes and doesn't cover the Nernst equation? Heard that from a friend.

(SmileDesignerDDS)

Yeah, it's horrible. Ari has offered to correct any mistakes, yet the guy won't tell him what they are. He hasn't even taken the DAT and he bashes Bootcamp. I only used it for the practice tests, but I thought it was a great resource and I would have happily paid the $99 or whatever it cost if I had had more time to prepare for the exam. Excellent explanations and great resource for the PAT as well.

Cool, thanks for the replies. My one question is whether you guys think the Destroyer is actually necessary for a good score? Is it overkill or crucial if you want to get 21+ in each section?

Here's what I'm using. Keep in mind I'm doing a 6 week schedule.

OC - Chad's (kinda/not reallyish, I just took OC I/II)
GC - Chad's
BIO - Cliff's AP Bio 3rd, Barron's AP Bio, and Ferali's Notes, and YouTube

QR - Chad's

Mentioned above are solely for content review. For practice/application, I plan on using DAT Destroyer 2013, MATH Destroyer, DAT Bootcamp. DAT Bootcamp is what I'll be using for PAT/RC as well.

Many say that Destroyer is overkill but I think the consensus is that it's very useful to nail down the concepts.

Destroyer, CrackDAT and Achiever is all you need in my opinion. You will get plenty of practice problems and nice thorough explanations. You can definitely learn from those materials.

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have the money to try out all your suggestions but as a general setup I think I'm gonna go:

Bio: Feralis + Cliffs + Destroyer
Chem: Chad's + Destroyer
OChem: Chad's + Destroyer
QR: DAT destroyer

I think I'll use my Kaplan BBB as a sort of casual guide to look over in conjunction with all of the above. Thanks for the help fellows. If you have any more suggestions I'd definitely like to hear em.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have the money to try out all your suggestions but as a general setup I think I'm gonna go:

Bio: Feralis + Cliffs + Destroyer
Chem: Chad's + Destroyer
OChem: Chad's + Destroyer
QR: DAT destroyer

I think I'll use my Kaplan BBB as a sort of casual guide to look over in conjunction with all of the above. Thanks for the help fellows. If you have any more suggestions I'd definitely like to hear em.
What you listed should be fine. People have done well using those materials.