Starting a second degree but not finishing it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bettercallsal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated in 2018 with a BS in Biology with a not so great gpa (<3.0sGPA, 3.0cGPA). I'm finally going back to a new college to fix my GPA and originally planned to simply enter as non-degree seeking, but after finding out I don't get any financial aid I was planning on going in as a degree seeking student. I have heard mixed things from people I know, but what would happen if I didn't finish my second degree? Is my admission to dental school going to be affected? I need to fix about 15 hours of upper level bio courses and am going in as a biochem major, but I'm probably not going to finish the degree if I get in during the new cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated in 2018 with a BS in Biology with a not so great gpa (<3.0sGPA, 3.0cGPA). I'm finally going back to a new college to fix my GPA and originally planned to simply enter as non-degree seeking, but after finding out I don't get any financial aid I was planning on going in as a degree seeking student. I have heard mixed things from people I know, but what would happen if I didn't finish my second degree? Is my admission to dental school going to be affected? I need to fix about 15 hours of upper level bio courses and am going in as a biochem major, but I'm probably not going to finish the degree if I get in during the new cycle.

It won't come up until the interview period. Give an honest answer and you'll be fine - I don't see an issue here.