starting low

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mishjtnyu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am feeling a little bit worried about my mcat score because I am reading on here about people starting at the 30 range on diagnostics. I took my first diag (kaplan free short one) and got a 14. Then I took 5R and got a 23, EK 1g 20.......... I just decided to spend everyday reviewing and a little practice for 1 week, and then do nothing but practice till August.

Has anyone started really low and managed to work up into the 30s?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I guess I have started low too, my first diag in TPR was 15 and the second one was 17...so ure not the only one out there :)
mishjtnyu said:
Hi everyone,

I am feeling a little bit worried about my mcat score because I am reading on here about people starting at the 30 range on diagnostics. I took my first diag (kaplan free short one) and got a 14. Then I took 5R and got a 23, EK 1g 20.......... I just decided to spend everyday reviewing and a little practice for 1 week, and then do nothing but practice till August.

mishjtnyu said:
Hi everyone,

most SDN'ers are gods, dont be intimidated. most people i knew in my kaplan class had diagnostics in the teens, 6 weeks later a lot of them were scoring high 20's or better.

at least i'm not the only one :) good luck all

Arsenic810 said:
most SDN'ers are gods, dont be intimidated. most people i knew in my kaplan class had diagnostics in the teens, 6 weeks later a lot of them were scoring high 20's or better.

Members don't see this ad :)
mishjtnyu said:
Hi everyone,

Well, I started at a 21 and got up to 31...keep in mind the diagnostic has to make you score low, because if you don't do better on your actual MCAT, they owe you lots of money (refund).

mishjtnyu said:
at least i'm not the only one :) good luck all

Nope you're not the only one scoring low :cool:

It is distrubing to see the scores people have just on their diags..... it makes me feel stupid. But, if one is determined then the same can happen for them.

Good luck!

mishjtnyu said:
Hi everyone,

I started the first Diag off with a 20 so, you are not alone. Good luck.

mishjtnyu said:
Hi everyone,

Your doing fine...

as for EK 1g... that test I thought was pretty tough (especially PS) alot of concept based questions....

yup shooting for high 20's!!! Diag this weekend EK 1g 24!!!

WOOO WOOO WE CAN DOOOO IT!!!! :love:

yeah chill
i had a 15 and doubled it by test time
its dooable
kaplan mini diag is a poop its like instable and since trunctaed one wrong is like a 10

my kaplan diagnostic was a 14...my score went up as i took the full lengths up to a whopping 21 on FL#5 :( on the actual test i got a 19 :( so i wouldn't expect a miracle..like up in the 30's..don't get me wrong..it COULD be possible..its up to you..needless to say i'm re-taking this august..maybe 3rd time will be the charm...Good luck to you!!

Yea man I just took my second TPR diag exam and got a 15!!! I dont know how I can double this score by Aug. 20th!!!

I plan on hitting them books hardcore now, even more than before and take a diag exam on my own every Saturday.

15 is pretty low, I've herd that TPR's first two diags are very hard on purpose, in order to make later diags easier and thus higher scores...hopefully thas true.