USMLE Starting M2 in few months!!! USMLE advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEDLORD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Doctors!!

Sooo I'm starting M2 (MBBS) in few months, what books and resources shall I use for the USMLE along with the med school studying?

FA is for sure!

But some dudes told me to do Dr. Najeeb videos and others said Kaplan videos along with its books, what do you recommend? and why??

And when is it most suitable to start solving UW and Qbank??

Thanks guys, I really really appreciate it!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Whats mbbs? What country are you in? And are you in year 2 out of 6 year or 4 year program.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you are in a 6 year program, much different then US system you wont be ready to sit for USMLE until at least your 4th year.

I would recommend you to just study your class notes really well. If you try studying USMLE based material now you would be at a huge gap knowledge.

I don't believe FA will be useful to you right now, unless you can elaborate on what topics you will be learning in your second year.

Since you are in a 6 year program, much different then US system you wont be ready to sit for USMLE until at least your 4th year.

I would recommend you to just study your class notes really well. If you try studying USMLE based material now you would be at a huge gap knowledge.

I don't believe FA will be useful to you right now, unless you can elaborate on what topics you will be learning in your second year.

Makes sense, I'll study from the FA what we are taking in our classes!!

Thanks so much!

Best way for you to prep is to study you courses as hard as you can. Makes reviewing for FA much easier later on.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Remember FA is a simplified REVIEW book.

Having just sat for Step, I want to underline this. Probably a quarter of my real Step questions involved content not in FA.

I'd recommend:
- learn the class material really well
- make pharm flashcards (and flashcards for anything else you want, like those weird biochem diseases) and study these like crazy. Having to re-learn drugs during dedicated is an enormous time drain.
- make a big powerpoint with histology examples for different cancers, etc. Use google to find lots of different examples.
- if you have the time, I would say the #1 resource for me (other than review questions) was the Goljan Path textbook.

Reactions: 1 user