This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newptstudent88

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am starting NAU at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus and I know they require all the students to get shots before starting. I currently have insurance and am resigning from my job so I can travel a bit before PT school starts. I wanted to know what shots I need to get so I can get them while I have insurance. To do this, I called NAU and they said they wont be mailing out the packets with the shots information until mid/end May. I was planning on resigning soon and wanted to get the shots taken care of while I had insurance (they are very expensive without). Is there anyone that is attending NAU that knows what shots I need?? It would save a ton of money. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So I am starting NAU at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus and I know they require all the students to get shots before starting. I currently have insurance and am resigning from my job so I can travel a bit before PT school starts. I wanted to know what shots I need to get so I can get them while I have insurance. To do this, I called NAU and they said they wont be mailing out the packets with the shots information until mid/end May. I was planning on resigning soon and wanted to get the shots taken care of while I had insurance (they are very expensive without). Is there anyone that is attending NAU that knows what shots I need?? It would save a ton of money. Thanks.
I will be attending Phoenix campus also! I don't know what shots they require. However, I would just go to your doctor and ask to get whatever vaccines that are normally given. Tetanus, MMR, Hep B, varicella, etc. The doctor will know what you need to get you current. Hope this helps! See you in the Fall!

Ok sounds good. Are you going to be living out by the campus? If so have you looked for places/ found any good ones?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm a first year DPT student at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus (we call it PBC).
Here's a quick list of what was required of us before fall semester started. I'm sure it's subject to change, but it'll give you an idea:

- MMR series (immunization OR titer)
- TDAP
- Hep B (immunization OR titer)
- Varicella / Chickenpox (immunization OR titer)
- Flu shot (but not until next flu season ~ October)

If either of you have any questions about other requirements before the fall or the program in general, shoot me a PM! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I'm a first year DPT student at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus (we call it PBC).
Here's a quick list of what was required of us before fall semester started. I'm sure it's subject to change, but it'll give you an idea:

- MMR series (immunization OR titer)
- TDAP
- Hep B (immunization OR titer)
- Varicella / Chickenpox (immunization OR titer)
- Flu shot (but not until next flu season ~ October)

If either of you have any questions about other requirements before the fall or the program in general, shoot me a PM! :)

Thank you for this! Starting in the Fall at PBC also!

Reactions: 1 user