Starting NBDE Pt 2 Prep this summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jablathe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Going to start prepping for NBDE Part 2 this summer during my break. My question to all of you centers around how to prepare given how *different* NBDE Part 2 was this time compared to the last 5-8 years and the high fail rate. Do I...
1.) Use current 2007 First Aid NBDE Part 2 book?
2.) Use current 2000 whatever Mosby's Part 2 book?
I have already bought dental decks from folks who just took it but no prep books. My feeling is that First Aid and Mosby will probably be releasing revised versions of their test prep but of course, I cannot KNOW that with certainty.
What are people's thoughts, you who have taken the NBDE Part II and used Mosby's or First Aid?
Thanks
UAB School of Dentistry Sophomore
Birmingham, AL

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Jablathe! :)
I haven't taken part 2, but i know from friends that it is really hard and yes, the high fail rate is not just something to scare you off. I know for a fact that mosby is helpful, but not enough. The same applies for First aid. I have already read both books and wow, they are really not that detailed as the questions in decks/released papers and we all know that the actual exam is way harder than that. So prepare yourself really good before going on the exam. By the way, I am also planning to take part 2 in the summer, so if you want to be study buddies, just pm me and we;d take it from there. Hope it helps! :)

Hi all,
Going to start prepping for NBDE Part 2 this summer during my break. My question to all of you centers around how to prepare given how *different* NBDE Part 2 was this time compared to the last 5-8 years and the high fail rate. Do I...
1.) Use current 2007 First Aid NBDE Part 2 book?
2.) Use current 2000 whatever Mosby's Part 2 book?
I have already bought dental decks from folks who just took it but no prep books. My feeling is that First Aid and Mosby will probably be releasing revised versions of their test prep but of course, I cannot KNOW that with certainty.
What are people's thoughts, you who have taken the NBDE Part II and used Mosby's or First Aid?
Thanks
UAB School of Dentistry Sophomore
Birmingham, AL

hi,

I am also planning to giv it this summer. Let me also join. What have you guys started? I am just starting....with pharmacology. I am planning to concentrate on decks, mosby, Q/A. I am wondering what to refer for radiology with pictures. Any suggestions?

:confused:hey
i am starting with pharma too from mosbys 2007,dont have deks or asda papers.guide plz are they that imp ??n if they r which papers to buy?

I think decks and papers are extremely important to do well on part II. Dont even consider giving the exam without revising from either. No book can prepare you well for the exam other than decks and papers itself.

:confused:hey
i am starting with pharma too from mosbys 2007,dont have deks or asda papers.guide plz are they that imp ??n if they r which papers to buy?