Starting Note-taking Service.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

electric

Smutty Goodness
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've noticed a couple of people talking about a scribe or notetaking service offered by their school. Somebody mentioned that they started one at their school since it wasn't offered. I'm interested in starting this at my school. How does it work? How much have you paid for your notes through this service? Any ideas or tips would be appreciated. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

are you asking for an undergrad program? or for med school?

Pritzker has a student co-op note taking service. The ppl who join the co-op get assigned classes for which they must take notes and share them with everyone else. I don't see why a fee must be involved.

Members don't see this ad :)
bonez318ti said:
are you asking for an undergrad program? or for med school?

Either. I'm still undergrad.

As far as paying, I got that impression from some of the students already in medical school. Often they've been giving advice that going to classes at that point is not as important as subscribing to the note-taking service.

in med school, i think it is an invaluable service..

but in undergrad, i suspect that you would have quality issues. b/c in med school, the note taking chore is typically rotated between all of the students particpating.. (but you can pay someone else to take your notes if you dont want to do it)

in undergrad, the people who would probably be interested in your service, are probably NOT the ones you want taking detailed notes for you to study from.. (no matter WHAT college you go to) :laugh:

just my 2 cents though..

bonez318ti said:
in undergrad, the people who would probably be interested in your service, are probably NOT the ones you want taking detailed notes for you to study from.. (no matter WHAT college you go to) :laugh:

just my 2 cents though..

See? This is why I post here. Absoulutely invaluable. :D

But see, I was hoping to make money off those people... oh, well.