SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Starting post-bacc immediately? Summer 1 right after senior year.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ejay286, May 28, 2008.

1. ejay286

ejay286 Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 10, 2005
    I'm applying this summer but if I don't get in I plan on going the arbitrary post-bacc route and retaking alot of classes I got B's and C's in. Do adcoms look differently at science courses taken during the summer as opposed to fall and spring? Alot of the classes I plan to retake are offered during the summer and that would allow me to get those updated transcripts in during the application process whereas if I waited to take these during the fall many it may be too late.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Character

Character 5+ Year Member

Apr 23, 2008
    as long as your not burned out
  4. Mobius1985

Mobius1985 7+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2007
  5. LikeClockWork

LikeClockWork Guest

Jul 23, 2007
    Let me tell you, I wish I'd just started a post-bacc straight out of college. Then again, that's with the hindsight of me not getting accepted this cycle. Had I gotten in I probably would be kicking myself for spending money I didn't have to.
  6. flip26

flip26 2+ Year Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Why? It is ill-advised to retake classes you got a B in...instead you should take upper level science classes to prove your worthiness...or you should enroll in an SMP if your UG GPA is lacking...

Retaking classes you made a B in makes you look like a tool, and if you don't make an A the second time around, you look like an idiot.
  7. 186321

Jan 29, 2008
    I don't know if its the same at your school, but at my undergrad we couldn't retake classes unless we got a D in them. If you got a B, or even a C, you couldn't retake them. Or maybe you could be the grades would be averaged.