Starting practice exams tomorrow, should I use EK's 1001, Princeton's Workbook, or Kaplan's Tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omegaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting practice exams tomorrow, should I use EK's 1001, Princeton's Workbook, or Kaplan's Tests?

I have access to all three, but only have enough time to finish one. So which one's the best? If it's too hard to pick the best one, which one should I avoid?

Thanks!

EDIT: I did some research and EK's 1001 series was the most popular, should I just go with that?

Members don't see this ad.

I have access to all three, but only have enough time to finish one. So which one's the best? If it's too hard to pick the best one, which one should I avoid?

Thanks!

EDIT: I did some research and EK's 1001 series was the most popular, should I just go with that?

EK1001 is better than TPR Workbook? You must be joking.

Princeton Workbook > Kaplans Test >>>>>>>> EK1001

EK1001 is useful for drilling, not for general practice problems/tests.

As in, if you realize you are poor at kinematics.. use EK1001 to do a bazillion problems about kinematics.

Otherwise, don't use EK1001.

I'm confused about what you're asking though as you state you are starting practice tests tomorrow and then ask about three resources, two of which aren't practice tests. TPRH Workbook has practice passages, sure.. but they, too, serve a different purpose than a practice test and should be much more regularly incorporated into your studying.

Get the AAMC exams and make sure you leave enough time to do those first before bothering looking into non-AAMC exams.

What have you been doing up until this point? Just content review? No practice passages? How long until your test?

Again, AAMC exams are a priority but if you have enough time to do that, then next priority should be practice passages (TPRH workbook).

I'm really like TBR passages -- apparently they're more difficult than others (but in a good way, unlike Kaplan) but the explanations for why wrong answer are wrong and why the right answer is right is pretty great.