starting pre med track/class schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLiriano7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
d

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your entire situation confuses me, but because I'm almost done with work and feel like being helpful, check and make sure you don't have to take lecture and lab concurrently durign summer sessions. Realize you need labs with bio/gen chem/physics/orgo (both I&II) and have you taken care of calc/stats?

Your entire situation confuses me, but because I'm almost done with work and feel like being helpful, check and make sure you don't have to take lecture and lab concurrently durign summer sessions. Realize you need labs with bio/gen chem/physics/orgo (both I&II) and have you taken care of calc/stats?

The only labs that have to be taken concurrently are intro to bio and general chem. My pre med advisor told me I should try taking some labs in the summer instead of both lecture/lab in the fall and spring to make it more manageable.

I am a bit confused about you being a junior but then talking about taking classes from '11 to '14, but anyway...I would make sure you are taking enough credits each semester to be counted as a full time student. I know that I need at least 12 to be considered one.

Also, (I am not sure about the truth about this but this is what I heard) med schools want to know you can handle hard classes at the same time, since that is what med school is going to be like. I don't think they would like the fact that you only took pretty much two classes each semester with research.

I'm planning to do an extra year.