Starting Salaries for 2011 U.S. Veterinary Medical College Graduates who accepte

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashilb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I did some research on how much 1st year graduate make and I came accross this site. If you get a chance take a look at it.

http://www.avma.org/reference/marketstats/1yremploy.asp

Have a good day guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Food animal tops the list... I'm surprised. I wonder if that is pure salary vs gov supplemented?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea its looking good for all of us right now.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using SDN Mobile

Are those 20-30k salaries from people doing internships?

Are those 20-30k salaries from people doing internships?

Internships, post-graduation masters programs, PhD programs, or other full time educational or training activities.

I would love to see the % of grads with part-time jobs, and the % still unemployed.

That list is very interesting. I wonder how many of those pursuing higher education were doing so as their #1 choice or if they would have preferred full-time employment.

Does anyone know the percentage of first years doing more training/internships vs straight into practice?
I see the equine salary is significantly lower than all others - do you think this is due to a larger percentage of internships?