Starting salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen that before and although the information is interesting, I don't quite understand their method. The "National Average" they list is far lower than the average under any specialty that is listed which does not make sense.

Yeah, I don't think the makers of that site realized what would happen when inflation kicks in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh.

If you want salary info, you're probably better off getting it from the AAMC Careers in Medicine site, which has info based on official workforce statistics and physician surveys. You can get some of the info via the public site http://www.aamc.org/students/cim/specialties.htm and once you're in med school you'll get a log in to access the more extensive stats (which includes salary breakdown by starting/academic/private/etc). If you compare your site to CIM, the salary info is outdated (or for whatever reason inaccurate).

Felt the need to bump a 9 year old thread just to say that?

This has to be a record of some sort...

I was barely 11 when this thread appeared as new. :scared:

Wow, you're young... I was about to start my freshman year of college in Aug, 2001 :scared:.

This has to be a record of some sort...

I was barely 11 when this thread appeared as new. :scared:

I could bump the oldest thread on this site. Just go to archive.org and visit the first creation date. Keep looking for the first thread ever posted and click reply after doing a search through the current version of the site.

I could bump the oldest thread on this site. Just go to archive.org and visit the first creation date. Keep looking for the first thread ever posted and click reply after doing a search through the current version of the site.

I tried it, and it didn't work. That site doesn't have all of the pages from the first creation date.

Or you could just scroll down to the Display Options on the bottom of the forum page and change the settings to
Sorted By: Thread Start Time (or Last Post Time)
Sort Order: Ascending
From The: Beginning

and SDN will do it for you. It's not really that difficult or all that impressive...