Starting Salary for Gynecologic Oncologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BacteriaER

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows the starting salary for this specialty? What is the long-term earning?

Thanks

B

Members don't see this ad.

Well I know the median salary for an Oncologist is around $220,000. And the average salary for a Gynecologist $165,000 so I am guessing that a Gynecology Oncologist is somewhere between those two or perhaps higher.. :oops: ) But I dunno for sure.

Although I don't know the specific salary for gyn onc, I do know that it is one of the best paid OB/GYN subspecialties. They make more than medical oncologists (which is a completely different specialty through medicine, not OB/GYN) because it is a surgical specialty. There are also not that many gyn oncs out there. I would geuss starting is in the 200,000-300,000 range depending on area and practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the hours as crazy as in the regular Ob/Gyn?

BacteriaER,
No offense but you almost seem obsessed with finding out what the starting salary is for gyn oncologists! I've seen you ask it multiple times in several threads. Anyway, according to a faculty member at my school most gyn oncologists start off at about $200K - $250K. Those who put in the hard hours can earn up to $350K - $400K. He is an MFM person and believes that out of all the subspecialties in ob/gyn, gyn onc has the highest earning potential. However, as was already mentioned this is highly dependent on location. Have you looked at the website for the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists? The info might be somewhere on their website.