Starting to get antsy about NYU acceptances, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know they only give out a few this early, but last year's acceptance thread for NYU had at least 3 people hearing on the 12th of December (which was a Friday). That makes me think that some of us lucky SDNers could be hearing soon! :luck:

Treg (hitting refresh on the email...again) :D

Members don't see this ad.

Treg said:
I know they only give out a few this early, but last year's acceptance thread for NYU had at least 3 people hearing on the 12th of December (which was a Friday). That makes me think that some of us lucky SDNers could be hearing soon! :luck:

Treg (hitting refresh on the email...again) :D

Ohmigosh, REALLY?! I thought they wouldn't come (at earliest) until a few days before Christmas. Now I'm TOTALLY antsy.

I think I will write NYU a poem:

Oh how I like you, NYU.
Accept me, please? or I'll go boo-hoo!

I like how your dorms are so very small,
But your students seem nice - we would have a ball!

Your classes seem chill and your students are fun,
So accept me, please - so my apps can be done!

Thank you.

NYU has a new dean of admissions, and started using AMCAS for the first time this year....Things are different, slower, and the number of applications to their school has skyrocketd. Be Patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, a girl can dream ;)
I'm going to be even more antsy to hear back from the FAFSA ppl ASAP...Siiiiiiiiigh!

Any updates on when they say they'll go out?

I called the admissions office, and they said that we should hear about the first batches within the next two weeks.

hm i thought they said 12/20 @ my interview...which makes me feel like it should go out in the mail today, today being friday and all...

ok ok 2 more weeks...

the1111gal said:
hm i thought they said 12/20 @ my interview...which makes me feel like it should go out in the mail today, today being friday and all...

ok ok 2 more weeks...

hmmm...perhaps they just said 2 weeks to allot for mail time? not sure, but definitely hope that we'll hear sooner. oh yeah, and when did you interview? I interviewed 11/10.

adog said:
hmmm...perhaps they just said 2 weeks to allot for mail time? not sure, but definitely hope that we'll hear sooner.

I thought they sent out email acceptances though...

ajt2003 said:
I thought they sent out email acceptances though...

If you look at the thread from last year, the acceptances went out via email (they confirmed this when I called a while back), and the first batch went out on a Friday.... (fingers crossed!).

:D Treg

:luck:

All praise the email acceptance protocol!!!

Now if only we can get some...

CaMD said:
All praise the email acceptance protocol!!!

Now if only we can get some...

Totally. Doesn't look like today, folks. Or, maybe they'll send them at 5 on the nose! Or maybe they already have! Or maybe....

....Monday?

ajt2003 said:
Totally. Doesn't look like today, folks. Or, maybe they'll send them at 5 on the nose! Or maybe they already have! Or maybe....

....Monday?

this thread is insane. please relax

Members don't see this ad :)
blump said:
this thread is insane. please relax

Um, or you can just not look at it. Thanks. Jeez.

We're excited! And don't tell me what to do. Again, thanks.

ajt2003 said:
Um, or you can just not look at it. Thanks. Jeez.

We're excited! And don't tell me what to do. Again, thanks.

wow. thats all i have to say. wow

blump, be prepared that once certain non-rolling schools admission dates come around, there will be a countdown thread for each of them (Penn, Harvard, Columbia, Yale, and the list goes on). I echo what the other person said--please refrain from clicking on this thread if it is too stressful for you to look at :rolleyes:

Treg :cool:

Treg said:
blump, be prepared that once certain non-rolling schools admission dates come around, there will be a countdown thread for each of them (Penn, Harvard, Columbia, Yale, and the list goes on). I echo what the other person said--please refrain from clicking on this thread if it is too stressful for you to look at :rolleyes:

Treg :cool:

ok treg, point taken.

perhaps we will hear after the weekend ;) Sorry, not to be obnoxious, blump! ;)

My experience from last year, is that they will e-mail you an e-mail that says "CONGRATULATIONS..." It almost looks like junk-mail, but trust, it's real!!!

NYU is an AMAZING place. So happy that I chose it, and so happy that I am here. Alot of people in our class turned down other schools that may have higher "US News" ranks, to be in an environment that is WAY more fostering and happy. Pass/fail may mean nothing to you during the application process, but when you are learning head/neck anatomy, its what keeps you going. Any questions PM me, but I wish you all luck and hope you can come; it is amazing!

There was a hot asian NYU med student there during the interview. That's enough to make this my top choice school!

Only acceptance decisions are being handed out in December, right? If WL or rejected, one will have to wait till March...like last year, yes/no?

Not sure...I really thought they said 12/20...and someone else said mid to late December...Today is 12/20 and its after 5 pm already...

the1111gal said:
Not sure...I really thought they said 12/20...and someone else said mid to late December...Today is 12/20 and its after 5 pm already...

All that means is your not one of the five to be accepted this December. Better luck in January or Febuarary!

Where are you getting the 5 acceptances thing? Only one or two people on SDN said that, so why does everyone believe that? It doesn't make any sense to me. Also, on last year's thread 5 people were accepted in December and I find it hard to believe that only people who post on SDN were accepted. Just curious where you are getting that info from.

I called today and asked if they were still planning on sending out the first batch of acceptances in December and they said yes, so I don't think they've sent anything out yet.

shaynab said:
Where are you getting the 5 acceptances thing? Only one or two people on SDN said that, so why does everyone believe that? It doesn't make any sense to me. Also, on last year's thread 5 people were accepted in December and I find it hard to believe that only people who post on SDN were accepted. Just curious where you are getting that info from.

I called today and asked if they were still planning on sending out the first batch of acceptances in December and they said yes, so I don't think they've sent anything out yet.

Just stuff I hear from "around." I go to school here so we hear stuff like that. Indeed, only exactly five people hand selected were accepted into our class last december. No rejections/WL post interview were handed out till march.

BigRedPingpong said:
Just stuff I hear from "around." I go to school here so we hear stuff like that. Indeed, only exactly five people hand selected were accepted into our class last december. No rejections/WL post interview were handed out till march.

Thanks! I didn't realize you went there. Have you heard if they've sent out the 5 acceptances yet?

BigRedPingpong said:

Do you mean only 5 acceptances in total were handed out in Dec, or only 5 people who currently go to NYU were given acceptances in December?

That's a good question adog. im not sure about the details like that. Assuming that only 5 are in our class now...lets extrapolate and say 10 got accepted and 5 eventually matriculated. So, there would probably be no more than AT THE MOST 10 acceptances this december IF THIS THEORY WERE TRUE. I'd like to add the disclaimer that the admissions office is super on the DL about stuff like this. And since we are AMCAS this year, things have changed a lot. But a good rule of the thumb is NYU is HIGHLY unpredictable. I thought they weren't gonna hand out acceptances till Feb/march last year because "that's what they told me." It turned out I got the email in January. Also, some of my fellow applicants did not get WL or rejected till April, even though they "were told they would hear by march." I know it's frustrating and all but that's just the name of the game...sorry if this didn't help.