Starting to get nervous--add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsquared

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my app about a week after it opened, and everything was mailed by the 2nd week of July.

Here is my info:
GPA= 3.7
DAT= 21 (no section below 18)

150+ hours volunteering in a dental clinic/lots of assorted volunteer work
substantial research experience (many presentations/conferences, and a couple publications--one first author)

Here are the schools I applied to:
Indiana University School of Dentistry (IND) IN
The University of Iowa College of Dentistry & Dental Clinics (IOWA) IA
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry (MIN) MN
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry (OSU) OH
Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry (OHSU) OR
Marquette University School of Dentistry (MQT) WI
University of Michigan School of Dentistry (MICH) MI
Creighton University School of Dentistry (CRE) NE
University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine (PITT) PA

I made this thread because I applied to many state schools, and I haven't heard back from any schools except my own state school (interview invite). I'd be elated if I got into IA, but I want to make sure I am not ignoring the other schools. I'm not sure if I should add more schools or if I should just continue waiting for more information. I'm starting to get a little nervous about the silence from all the other schools, and I'd like to only go through this process once (I'm a non-trad). Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Add some private schools like NYU,Tuffts,LECOM,Casewestern, TEMPLE. Ect...

Reactions: 1 user
You're fine dude, just be patient.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same boat. I have fairly competitive numbers (22 AA 21 PAT, 3.54 oGPA, 3.65 sGPA, 3.88 BCP) and am watching people get interviews without me left and right.

Of course, I am still running on unofficial DAT reports until AADSAS finishes taking their sweetass time uploading my score.

adding more private schools will be much more advantageous for you

Other than Oregon, your list is solid for an IA resident. Have you seen anyone else get invites for those schools yet? I haven't. It's still really early, deep breaths, in, out, in, out :wacky:

Other than Oregon, your list is solid for an IA resident. Have you seen anyone else get invites for those schools yet? I haven't. It's still really early, deep breaths, in, out, in, out :wacky:

I've doubled my yoga practice with this in mind.

When would it be appropriate for me to start to get worried?

I've doubled my yoga practice with this in mind.

When would it be appropriate for me to start to get worried?

When you see the board loaded up with other out of staters getting invites that applied after you. You only need one acceptance :).

Lol just relax and be patient. Make sure you sent in supplementals

Same boat as you. 3.7o 3.35sci 21aa 21pat 21ts 25orgo first batch getting nervous.. Interview from mwuaz, haven't heard elsewhere.

Fair enough. If it helps explain my situation, it turns out that one of the classes I thought would fulfill a social science requirement at another state school will not actually count. This essentially means that I can't have a complete application this year. As a result, I only am applying to 8 schools this year. That is why I'm a bit nervous. I want to make sure I get at least a couple of interviews (and at least one acceptance, obviously).

Fair enough. If it helps explain my situation, it turns out that one of the classes I thought would fulfill a social science requirement at another state school will not actually count. This essentially means that I can't have a complete application this year. As a result, I only am applying to 8 schools this year. That is why I'm a bit nervous. I want to make sure I get at least a couple of interviews (and at least one acceptance, obviously).

Aren't you non-trad and done with school? They'll ask about the missing course in the interview and you can say that you're intending to take it.