starting to have neck pain...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kautionwirez

Hadoken!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
as the title says, I have bad posture and always crack my neck like 5-10 times a day. I have the habit of my head leaning forward and want it on top of my shoulders. Anyone have any remedies or exercises they could share with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go see a DO for some OMM. After my interview at TCOM, I feel like I might start doing that more often... :D

I also have severe neck pain. There are these over the counter "creams" you can buy that are made of very hot substances (chiles, etc.). If you put a good amount of this on at the spot, your nerves will pretty much be able to tolerate more pain there. I tried it once, and for 4 hours it was the worst pain in my life, but afterwards my neck felt (and still feels) great. Sorry-forgot the name of the cream, but I'm sure it's pretty easy to find.

Lortab

as the title says, I have bad posture and always crack my neck like 5-10 times a day. I have the habit of my head leaning forward and want it on top of my shoulders. Anyone have any remedies or exercises they could share with me?

Do pushups.

Oh, and stop cracking your neck.

how does pushups help? (I think my pecs are fine btw :cool: )

I'm pretty tall and I always have to look down at things/people which does not help my neck posture.

how does pushups help? (I think my pecs are fine btw :cool: )

I'm pretty tall and I always have to look down at things/people which does not help my neck posture.

Doing pushups will help you get totally swoll. You will then score more chicks. The time you will then spend in bed with women, laying down, will alleviate the neck pain that you create by hunching over your Organic Chemistry textbook in the library and/or slouching in your computer chair reading SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
seeing a doctor tends to help people with medical problems. :p

remember, medical advice should not be solicited or given here.

peanut oil is very good for neck pain, massage into muscle. Has a ton of anti-inflammatory properties (from a DO)

Learn ergonomic posture to prevent neck/back pain. Sit straight with your chin tucked in and ears over your shoulder. It feels really weird at first but you'll thank yourself in the long run

Doing pushups will help you get totally swoll. You will then score more chicks. The time you will then spend in bed with women, laying down, will alleviate the neck pain that you create by hunching over your Organic Chemistry textbook in the library and/or slouching in your computer chair reading SDN.

Or.. you could score a chick who gives you massages...

Seriously though, massages are amazing for neck pain. You can sort of do it for yourself but better to just find somebody else.

See a chiropractor. They've gone through chiropractor school so they know exactly what they're doing. ;)

SDN is not to be used for medical advice. Please consult your PCP for all your real-life medical needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.