Starting to study today for August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neha4000

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow...I feel really behind after looking at this forum! Am I the only one starting to study so late?? :-(

Members don't see this ad.

Not necessarily, plenty of people here started around 2 months before the April MCAT and did fine. As long as you have a good study schedule that allows you to finish studying and be prepared before the test, you're fine.

hi all,
i've started studying with the big kaplan review book. wow, alot of info!! i finished the biology section & am about half way through the gen chem section. i don't know how the hell i'm going to remember all this crap! i couldn't afford the review course so i'm trying to do this on my own-difficult to stay motivated. i just hope there isn't a ton of calculations because i can't remember all those equations, plus i suck at trying to calculate a bunch of numbers in my head-i'm addicted to calculators!! i'm kinda starting to freak out because now i know i have less than 2 months to prepare-yikes. i don't think i'll ever feel prepared for this test. has anyone tried the EK books? i guess i'm looking to narrow down all this info-it's too much.

Nope, I just started this past Wednesday. :)

Internetwop (cute), I would highly suggest the EK stuff. I have the big Kaplan book and all the EK books (no review course for me either), and I greatly prefer the EK stuff for all the subjects except OChem. EK also has a Verbal Reasoning book that includes a section that reviews all the math you need for the MCAT, which was good for me as I too am horrible at calculating stuff in my head.