State Board Licensing fiasco!!! They are driving me crazy!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carddr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else out there having trouble with these people? I talked to 3 different people yesterday and got 3 different answers on how to meet their requirements and not any of the answers are what they send me in writing. Is this crazy or what? Looks like I'm going to have to drive up to this state and meet with them personally as they don't seem to know what there are doing. Even talked to the Administrator and she was the rudest of all, finally hanging up on me, when I insisted she provide me with some logic to this mess. Furthermore, they have yet to send me any information on the status of my paper work and they informed me yesterday they send it to the hospital instead, now I paid the fee, and it says right on the form all communication will be send to me, now the residency co=ordinator can't locate this paperwork in the hospital, who knows where they sent it. Any suggestions,folks, other than expletives?? Talk about frustration. They are messing with my livlihood here!! They are actually requiring the total HOURS of each course I took in medical school. Is anybody else dealing with this, if so, how are you handling it. I am totally out of my mind!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Which state is doing that to you?
I had problems with CA medical board, I had to fill out the form with all rotations taken in medical school with the number of weeks/hours in each rotation. Then they sent me a letter stating that I am deficient in family practice and psychiatry and that because of that I cannot get licensed. I went on the Internet and checked CA law about medical education requirements , and I found out that I had almost twice(!) as much as it was required by law. I called medical board and told them about that, and they were telling me some crap about some standard medical school curriculum wich was not relevant in my case. I decided to complain to the senator. He called them, and a couple of weeks later all problems were solved, and I got what I wanted.

Great response, johnat. Funny you should mention calling the senator... I just arranged that contact today, so hopefully this can get resolved. The state is Pa. I'll let you know what happens. Your story is almost identical to mine. What a bunch of crap!!! Who hires these people???

We hire these people... with our apathy.

Sigh...I never knew the medical industry was so screwed up...