State ties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lol123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this question has been asked many times over but I was wondering if I would be considered to have state ties. I was born in New Mexico and lived there for 5 years before moving to Florida which is where I have been ever since.Would this count on having state ties?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you still have family members living there? Do you go back often? Do you have any service experience to the New Mexico community? If not, then you probably don't have ties.

I do go back often, but I don't have any family members living there or service experience unfortunately. Thank you for your quick response too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I do go back often, but I don't have any family members living there or service experience unfortunately. Thank you for your quick response too!
New Mexico takes like 95% in state. So you can be sure those in the 5% OOS have something significant that they could bring to New Mexico.

Reactions: 1 user
While most state schools have a percentage of in-state applicants they must take, the OOS applicants are going to be those with high stats and those likely to actually attend school in NM over another program. If you have ties to the state and know the landscape well, that won't hurt.

I know this question has been asked many times over but I was wondering if I would be considered to have state ties. I was born in New Mexico and lived there for 5 years before moving to Florida which is where I have been ever since.Would this count on having state ties?

Thanks!
I wouldn't count on it.