State University for Pre-Med

Yazo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm most likely going to be attending a state university (Massachusetts) for biology (pre-med). It's not a U of Mass. Do you think because it's not a large/well known college that it's going to keep me from being accepted into a medical school?

I can't afford to go to a school which requires me to dorm.

Anyone please help.

Yazo

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm most likely going to be attending a state university (Massachusetts) for biology (pre-med). It's not a U of Mass. Do you think because it's not a large/well known college that it's going to keep me from being accepted into a medical school?

I can't afford to go to a school which requires me to dorm.

Anyone please help.

Yazo

I asked a similar question and you'll get a really good answer from the people who posted on the thread. I'm in the same boat as you!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/do-doctors-go-to-state-schools.1121391/

Reactions: 1 user
Yea school matters, but not from u of mass to a less well known college. Ivy or top 5 might make a difference. Anything is likely to have no effect. Go where you'll be happiest

Once you leave the top 10 or 20 universties for undergrad - the ranking really does not matter. Completely different matter if you were comparing Yale to a state school..

What really matters is how well you do overall, your science GPA, and your MCAT.