Statement of purpose vs PTCAS Essay??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reesetee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me if the "statement of purpose" document in the program materials section is different from the PTCAS personal statement essay. It's paired with the resume section so is it more like a cover letter than an essay?

Thanks a ton!

Members don't see this ad.

Statement of Purpose is completely different from PTCAS essay. It should be a statement of why you chose PT as a career and why you’re applying to that particular school. I treated it like an essay and not a cover letter. Basically an opening paragraph, a paragraph on “why PT”, a paragraph on “why that school”, and a closing tying it all together.

Statement of Purpose is completely different from PTCAS essay. It should be a statement of why you chose PT as a career and why you’re applying to that particular school. I treated it like an essay and not a cover letter. Basically an opening paragraph, a paragraph on “why PT”, a paragraph on “why that school”, and a closing tying it all together.

You're a life saver. Thank you.