stationary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdforlife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be too tacky to use personalized stationary for thank you notes?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there's any problem using stationery; it could in fact be less awkward than some alternatives (college ruled paper, for example).

So stamps.com has this photostamps option, where you can order stamps w/ any picture you want on it. I'm thinking about getting stamps w/ me in my interview outfit, giving the adcoms (and the postal workers, I guess), a thumbs up. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
dajimmers said:
So stamps.com has this photostamps option, where you can order stamps w/ any picture you want on it. I'm thinking about getting stamps w/ me in my interview outfit, giving the adcoms (and the postal workers, I guess), a thumbs up. :thumbup:

Oh!!Gawd!!! You are so funny, but true about leaving your solid image on adcoms.

dajimmers said:
PS - Keep your mdapplicants profile updated. We know you'll be rolling in the interviews soon (thanks to the thumbs up stamps, of course)!

dajimmers said:

Even better, use a cell phone camera to snap a photo of your interviewer when they aren't looking, and put that on the stamp -- they will definitely open the letter. :D

dajimmers said:

:laugh: I guess that would be cool.

drinklord said:
PS - Keep your mdapplicants profile updated. We know you'll be rolling in the interviews soon (thanks to the thumbs up stamps, of course)!
I'll be applying next year. It just I have to re-order stationary for other purposes and didn't know if I could use remainders for med school thank yous.

I'll be honest- I am not looking forward to next year, because now I am just a pre-med with goals of going to med school, but once the MCAT and interviews roll in, that's it. You're either in or out. A little scary.

I went for nice heavyweight cotton paper cards with "Thank You" printed on them in a nice big clean font, then just wrote a little personal note inside. "thank you for your time, look forward to hearing from you, will check out that book you recommended" etc. Black pen is far superior to blue, and if you can use a fountain pen without smudging it all over the place I think they tend to look pretty nice.

Thumbs up stamps would be sweet.

drinklord said:

I'm trying! I lost my stupid password, and can't find any way of retrieving it on their site. I may just make up a new profile, if I don't find it soon...