Statistics Course Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PA_dud3

PA-S1
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I am registering for classes next semester, and I need a Stats class for UNC Chapel Hill SoM. My school offers a class called "Introduction to Statistics with Applications in the Health Sciences." Would this essentially be a BioStats course? Do you think it would be accepted? Or should I just take a regular Intro to Stats course?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What is the course description/classification in the catalog?

My Biostats course was classified as part of the Biological Sciences program, but I'd imagine that that class would function as that.

People say that AMCAS BCPM calculation is strictly based on the university course classification, but I don't think this is the case. In my application, I marked a couple math-heavy economics courses as math, and they were verified as math in my BCPM GPA, even though they were classified as economics courses by my school. If you think your course is BCPM, then mark it as such. The worst that can happen is AMCAS decides it's not, and changes it in your application.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors