stats of interviewed people vs. stats of people accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere you can find stats of people interviewed versus the stats of people accepted at certain schools? Just thought it would be interesting to compare.

For instance, UDub has this cool GPA/MCAT table, but it doesnt split up interviewed/interviewed-and-accepted applicants.
http://uwmedicine.washington.edu/Ed...ages/ApplicationProcedureandRequirements.aspx

Members don't see this ad.

I've never seen such a comparison (that's not to say that there isn't one out there). I do speculate, however, that the figures are nearly identical between interviewees and acceptees.

I've never seen such a comparison (that's not to say that there isn't one out there). I do speculate, however, that the figures are nearly identical between interviewees and acceptees.
Why is that? A lot of schools invite high stats/more competitive applicants first and
accept a much greater proportion of early interviewees.

Why is that? A lot of schools invite high stats/more competitive applicants first and
accept a much greater proportion of early interviewees.

Agreed, but most schools only interview something like 10% of all applicants (most of which are statistically more competitive than the rest). Very few of the interviewees have poor stats, regardless of how late they were interviewed. So whether or not they were accepted, they still most likely had better stats than the 90% who were not interviewed. (I know I'm making generalities, but you get my point)