stats of successful high school applicants to UCD 6 yr. program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

autotroph95

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in Grade 12 with a 90% average and lots of good ECs. I am an IB student. I was wondering if anybody here (either now or in the past several years) was accepted to UCD for their 6 yr. program straight from high school and I would please like to know what your stats were. I'm trying to gauge whether or not I have a good shot at getting in.

Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

haha we had this same conversation about a month ago :) thanks for the info though

Members don't see this ad :)
lol. Yeah it seems like i'm the only one still hanging around the forums. I'll bet you everyone else is in the books. Should probably get back to those :p

any other successful high school applicants to UCD 6 yr. who received an offer could you post your stats please? Either from this year or previous years?

Last edited:
any other successful high school applicants to UCD 6 yr. who received an offer could you post your stats please? Either from this year or previous years?

Hi there!

I received my acceptance to UCD's 5yr program today! I am very excited to get the ball rolling and to meet fellow UCD medical students in 2013!

Good luck to all, and if anyone would like my stats or other info about the application process, don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

ps. I know that you said 6yr program, but I posted anyhow...

Does anybody know if there's gonna be the second round of offers or not???????

Thanks in advance

As a matter of fact, I'm in a very similar situation as you! The only difference, however, is that I'm not enrolled in the IB programme (I'm hoping this isn't a severe hindrance to my direct entry chances).

I reckon we were all supposed to receive our offers by the end of March. If anyone hasn't received any offers yet, does it mean a straight rejection????!!

I reckon we were all supposed to receive our offers by the end of March. If anyone hasn't received any offers yet, does it mean a straight rejection????!!

According to ABP and posts from previous years, offers can come any time into the summer. As long as you have not got a straight rejection, that means that you might get considered down the road. Remember that most applicants applied to at least 3 or 4 schools and many who get the offers, would not accept it for one reason or another. Good luck.

Thank you for your reassurance! :) Do you how many places are available for international students?

Thank you for your reassurance! :) Do you how many places are available for international students?

Honestly, I do not know the ratio of international students in UCD. May be someone currently enrolled in UCD can give us those numbers.

The best way would be to just scan the "Accepted/Waitlist" forum- albeit, it is pretty tedious. I think the 6 year programs all are equally competitive and require very high 80's or 90's and some EC's that will distinctly separate you from other high school students.

You seem to have all these traits so you should be a favorable candidate. If both your references and essay are solid you should be good! (I think) :)

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like they even pay much attention to ECs because they do NOT ask for any references... ain't that strange...