Stats of those accepted for fall 2003

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmanwaring

VH Superfan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has been accepted already to one or multiple schools, please list your stats and the school(s) that you were accepted at.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think this type of post is really fair........there are people with a wide range of MCAT scores and GPAs being accepted.
I have a 25P MCAT but I have not been getting interviews in a landslide ( AZCOM waitlist, CCOM rejection, LECOM, TUCOM interviews in NOV). Yet there are people who have all ready been accepted with a 20 MCAT. There are no set stats for this in my opinion.

I agree with the previous post. The entire philosophy of osteopathic schools is that students are more than just grades and MCAT scores. If I say I have a low gpa and low MCAT score then I would be misleading in making people think that these things aren't important. Likewise, if I say I have a high gpa and high MCAT then I would mislead people into thinking that this is the only stat that is important and that just isn't true. Osteopathic applicants have to be a good match for the school that accepts them and there are so many more factors that go into making that decision than numbers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that I ever claimed that MCAT scores and GPA are the only things that matter. In fact, if that was the only weighted portion of an application, I think I'd have a tough time getting in. That is why I started this thread: to see what range of GPA and MCAT are being accpeted. You have to admit, however, GPA and MCAT scores are really the only way that schools have to evaluate their applicants against each other in a fair way, without looking at EC's and LOR's. If you could all just entertain me a little by posting your stats--that way I might get a little confidence back after not receiving even an interview yet.

This in an unavoidable question. It will always be asked. Hopefully those whom ask, find what they are looking for. Good luck

Originally posted by WishUponAStar
Don't forget connections...

Who you know and who you are related to has a large impact on admissions. We'd like to think it doesn't, but everyone knows it does.

just wanted to give some hope to the ppl like me who had NO connections. i have no connections whatsoever to UMDNJ-SOM, and I didn't even have a DO letter, and I got in.

good luck to y'all :)

Like that inevitable question at college parties-- "What's your major?". "What are your stats (numbers)?" is almost unavoidable on a forum like this. Still, I think jmanwaring has a good idea. It is very informative and often encouraging to find out who is getting interviewed with what "stats".

As long as we don't obsess.:eek: