Stats of those accepted for fall 2003

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by jmanwaring, Oct 24, 2002.

1. jmanwaring

jmanwaring VH Superfan

Anyone who has been accepted already to one or multiple schools, please list your stats and the school(s) that you were accepted at.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njdesi

njdesi Senior Member

I dont think this type of post is really fair........there are people with a wide range of MCAT scores and GPAs being accepted.
    I have a 25P MCAT but I have not been getting interviews in a landslide ( AZCOM waitlist, CCOM rejection, LECOM, TUCOM interviews in NOV). Yet there are people who have all ready been accepted with a 20 MCAT. There are no set stats for this in my opinion.

4. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!

I agree with the previous post. The entire philosophy of osteopathic schools is that students are more than just grades and MCAT scores. If I say I have a low gpa and low MCAT score then I would be misleading in making people think that these things aren't important. Likewise, if I say I have a high gpa and high MCAT then I would mislead people into thinking that this is the only stat that is important and that just isn't true. Osteopathic applicants have to be a good match for the school that accepts them and there are so many more factors that go into making that decision than numbers.

5. jmanwaring

jmanwaring VH Superfan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that I ever claimed that MCAT scores and GPA are the only things that matter. In fact, if that was the only weighted portion of an application, I think I'd have a tough time getting in. That is why I started this thread: to see what range of GPA and MCAT are being accpeted. You have to admit, however, GPA and MCAT scores are really the only way that schools have to evaluate their applicants against each other in a fair way, without looking at EC's and LOR's. If you could all just entertain me a little by posting your stats--that way I might get a little confidence back after not receiving even an interview yet.

6. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member

This in an unavoidable question. It will always be asked. Hopefully those whom ask, find what they are looking for. Good luck

7. smilez428

smilez428 Senior Member

just wanted to give some hope to the ppl like me who had NO connections. i have no connections whatsoever to UMDNJ-SOM, and I didn't even have a DO letter, and I got in.

good luck to y'all :)

8. doctamon

doctamon Member

Like that inevitable question at college parties-- "What's your major?". "What are your stats (numbers)?" is almost unavoidable on a forum like this. Still, I think jmanwaring has a good idea. It is very informative and often encouraging to find out who is getting interviewed with what "stats".

As long as we don't obsess.:eek: