Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

stats on people who have gotten in...

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by bravesfan113, Apr 23, 2007.

1. bravesfan113

is there anywhere i can see stats on people who have gotten in to different pharmacy schools?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. wbrown

Pharmacy Student
    Each school will have general stats, ie: average GPA, PCAT etc. somewhere on their website.

4. sellindrugz

Pre-Pharmacy
    Check out the aacp website.

5. abr

abr

Pre-Dental
    I think it would be very interesting and helpful if some of the successful applicants on this forum would make a post and post their statistics (GPA, PCAT, community service hours, etc.). I know they had a topic like this on the pre-veterinary forum a while ago.
    Perhaps someone will start a topic like this.. It would be very helpful to future applicants.

6. eelo

Non-Student
    It's not going to be as helpful as you think. The number of pharm school applicants on this forum, compared to the total number of applicants, is pretty small. Any collection of data gleaned from people posting here would tend to be skewed rather high. Off the top of my head, I'd say the average GPA on this forum is about 3.6, and the average PCAT is about 83, which is quite a bit different from what schools are seeing.

Furthermore, the numbers on the AACP site, or on the schools' sites, or even on PharmCas are legitimate numbers. The numbers here on this site are only as good as the person giving them..... that is, they're easily *ahem* 'embellished.'

7. ForcedEntry

ForcedEntry Lilo got stitched

Pharmacy Student
    Liar! I do to have a 100 PCAT!!

8. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student
    Whatever......I got a 103 after getting 3 percentile points extra credit for doing ten triple integrals in five seconds!:D

9. eelo

Non-Student
    But Omni, we all know that what really did it for you was your 4.0 GPA in Molecular Biological Nuclear Physical Organic Di-chremo-gyration that got you in......

..... along with your 800+ hours of volunteer work with elderly women and blind pediatric amputees suffering through medication-induced acne vulgaris, between training for the Ironman Competition and finding a cure for the common cold.

10. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student

Correction: 4.25...........my school offers weighted GPA courses like Advanced Temporal Mechanics . We people "in the know" call that time travel properties;)

Also, I have been hired by local mega billionaire Warren Buffett to cure all of AIDS, cancer, and procrastination. That last one will be a doozy.:eek::p

11. eelo

Non-Student
    I'd offer to help but..... yeah, well...... hey, call me about it tomorrow, okay?