Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted801953

Where can I see the requirements/ stats of accepted students for each med school?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can purchase the MSAR here:

https://services.aamc.org/msar/

And search different programs based on your preferences. It is very worth the 20-30$ price-tag when you are putting together your school list. It has all the info you want and more. An updated MSAR will be released in April to include the data from this current cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome! Does it by any chance also indicate specific hours (like volunteering hours and stuff)?:p

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools will also usually post the mean or median stats of their incoming class on their website. You can usually find it under a 'class profile' tab.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome! Does it by any chance also indicate specific hours (like volunteering hours and stuff)?:p

It will not indicate specific hours. This information would be of no use to you though, as the quality of the experience and the duration of your commitment is more important than the number of hours you put in.

E.g. a school is likely to prefer an experience with lots of patient contact where you were able to closely examine the clinical environment and learn that you could see yourself working in it than one where you are stuck behind the gift shop desk 90% of the time and 10% of time shuffle bedpans around patient rooms. Spending 1000 hours in the latter is not going to do much for you compared to 100 in the former.

Reactions: 1 users
It does show the % of admitted students that have various ECs on their app (e.g. clinical volunteering, non-clinical volunteering, research/lab) but no details on hours!

It does show the % of admitted students that have various ECs on their app (e.g. clinical volunteering, non-clinical volunteering, research/lab) but no details on hours!
Did you mean in the MSAR? That's all I need! Haha :)

Did you mean in the MSAR? That's all I need! Haha :)
Yep the MSAR shows the percentage of admitted students with:

Nonmedical volunteering
Medical volunteering
Paid medical employment
Shadowing
Research/Lab
Military service (usually like 0-2%)