This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyTMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else turning in the AMCAS application this month or am I waaaay late? I understand that I am a non-traditional applicant but I hope my process to getting into Medical School is not non-traditional but I’m not sure anymore! I took the MCAT in September and I’m waiting to get my scores. I did not send the AMCAS application yet because I figured no schools would even look at me with the rather low score I got the first time around. My plan was to have my AMCAS application finished by score release date (October 13th) and just send it off once the scores come back passing (I hope, I feel much better about the test this time around). Is anyone else turning in the AMCAS application this month due to pending MCAT scores from September? I wonder if we stand a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should submit your AMCAS if you have not already, because you still have be verified (might bt a week or two) and then after that..secondaries. They start handing out acceptances Oct. 15th. You are very late though..maybe someone else can chime in but I would be worried if I were you :/

This is somewhat late in the cycle. You would do better to wait until next year if your AMCAS is not in line by this point. I had done most of my applications around this time and still didn't do too hot last year.

I will be moving this over to WAMC for more responses.

It's up to you if you still want to go ahead and apply this cycle, just know that if you are only submitting your primary now for verification, you are extremely extremely late... and your secondaries will be at the bottom of a very large pile to be reviewed by schools.