Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Stay longer as undergrad or do post-bacc?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by jmccade, Aug 29, 2002.

1. jmccade

jmccade Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have the option of delaying my BS degree another semester or graduate and finish my pre-reqs post-bacc.

Would it be better to improve my undergrad science gpa a little by retaking a "D" grade in plant biology 200 and starting my chemistry 1 course or would it be better to just finish the undergrad and start fresh with post-bacc courses?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kappapiomega

kappapiomega Member
    7+ Year Member

If I were you, I would get rid of that D first!!

4. Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Personally, I'd just graduate and go back as a post-bacc. I graduated in the spring and I'll be going back next winter (I was on the quarter system) to take a DNA course. I finished all of my pre-med prereq's while in my undergrad studies - but why delay graduation for classes that aren't in your major? Also, post-bacc classes will give you a post-bacc GPA - which is a good thing.

If you weren't a science major, some schools also have a pre-med post-bacc program, which you can finish in about two years (since general chem is a pre-req for organic chem).

Good luck!