searun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey Guys,

Have a great Thankgiving. Crunch time is approaching in March when the non rolling schools make their picks and then all of the opportunities that occur in May when the waitlists start to move. Very nerve racking. Have faith in yourselves and the path that you have chosen. Life usually works out the way that it is supposed to work out.

Good luck and God speed to all of you.

Be spiritual, as that concept is meaningful to you. Avoid becoming cynical. Keep a smile on your face, and be optimistic and love your fellow man. Be a healer.

Be kind to your spouse, love your children, and take care of your parents as they age and become more childlike. Life really is a circle.

And as Zorba the Greek always said, what kind of a man does not love dolphins?

WorldChanger36

7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2009
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Apollo approves this message...

Silverman780

The Exalted Grand Poobah
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2009
Looking at at tree in Oregon, USA
Status
Pre-Medical
Firstly: WTF?
Secondly: WTF?
Thirdly: I agree with Mr. Regan

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks!

Really guys? Every single post on here gets ripped apart, is it necessary? :(
I wish everyone could just learn to get along

OP
S

searun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks!

Really guys? Every single post on here gets ripped apart, is it necessary? :(
I wish everyone could just learn to get along

You have a good heart. A good spirit.

rHinO1

Grindin' Until I'm Tired
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2009
California
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey Guys,

Have a great Thankgiving. Crunch time is approaching in March when the non rolling schools make their picks and then all of the opportunities that occur in May when the waitlists start to move. Very nerve racking. Have faith in yourselves and the path that you have chosen. Life usually works out the way that it is supposed to work out.

Be spiritual, as that concept is meaningful to you. Avoid becoming cynical. Keep a smile on your face, and be optimistic and love your fellow man. Be a healer.

Be kind to your spouse, love your children, and take care of your parents as they age and become more childlike. Life really is a circle.

Love it :thumbup:

SitraAchra

Attending Anesthesiologist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Searun is an arrogant person at heart who thinks he has seniority because he's a fourth year med student.

Disregard this thread.

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Searun is an arrogant person at heart who thinks he has seniority because he's a fourth year med student.

Disregard this thread.
I am a sophomore in college, him being a 4th year medical student doesn't make him a better person, but it sure as hell makes him my superior in all things medical related, which a "pre-med" forum is.

While I can't really comment on his past posts, I think most of us act like a lot bigger tools, and bigger J*rks on here than we really are in real life, its the nature of these forums...

Frazier

Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2009
US

Disregard this thread.
"Maybe Thanksgiving," he thought, "doesn't come from a store."
"Maybe Thanksgiving…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
And what happened then? Well…in SDN-ville they say,
That the Searun’s small heart Grew three sizes that day!
:D

URHere

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
"Maybe Thanksgiving," he thought, "doesn't come from a store."
"Maybe Thanksgiving…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
And what happened then? Well…in SDN-ville they say,
That the Searun’s small heart Grew three sizes that day!
This made me laugh.

Honestly though, if the message is good, why attack the messenger?

Someone in graduate school once told me: "Never freak out until you have to. And, when you finally realize it's time to freak out, stop, go have a beer, and get your head on straight before doing anything about it."

Narmerguy

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2007
Clearly Searun had a little too much to drink.

Fabio001

7+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2010
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hey Guys,

:) I enjoyed your post searun. I'm gonna try to follow your advice. Thank you!

Silverman780

The Exalted Grand Poobah
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2009
Looking at at tree in Oregon, USA
Status
Pre-Medical
While I can't really comment on his past posts, I think most of us act like a lot bigger tools, and bigger J*rks on here than we really are in real life, its the nature of these forums...
Nope. I'm much worse in person, annnnd.. man up

@Frazier: Love it

Longshanks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
New York
Status
Medical Student
Maybe its the Thanksgiving booze speaking and not Searun, or this good spirit (or spirits) talking through him.

LuvGDMD2B

FashionableDoctor
Nov 18, 2010
Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for this post and I really appreacite it. As for one who is in the application process now these words of encouragement mean a lot. Sometimes it gets hard but all in all we have to keeo God first and everything will work out.

poshdoctor

Spicegirls of Healthcare
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2010
The Beckham Manor
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey Guys,

Thank You :)

david06

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
explains your other thread about not caring about the little kid with the asthma attack... haha
Are you just responding in kind to a trollish post or are you honestly suggesting a correlation between not believing in a higher power and a lack of compassion for human suffering?