"Staying Alive" and CPR..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjl1717

Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trivia--The song "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees has just about the amount of compressions needed in one minute during CPR (103).....
Those who sang the song when doing CPR had the correct amount of compressions even many months later..
[Its ironic how that was the greatest selling album ]:)

Members don't see this ad.

You and your trivia!

I've heard about this. Apparently it's not just the number that is correct, but also the rhythm of the compressions. I think the song title is even a touch ironic. :D

You and your trivia!

I've heard about this. Apparently it's not just the number that is correct, but also the rhythm of the compressions. I think the song title is even a touch ironic. :D

Yes, Ive noticed the mesmerizing, undulating rhythm.. ( I always briefly thought about a heartbeat when I heard it!):idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
We learned CPR to the tune of "Staying Alive". I thought it was just something our instructor made up....obviously, it's more widespread than that! :D

We learned CPR to the tune of "Staying Alive". I thought it was just something our instructor made up....obviously, it's more widespread than that! :D

Well to me that represents one of the greatest things about SDN and this country..(we take it for granted)... But we get to share ideas, information, get to network, and share thoughts..[Geez, some creative mind may have a better way to do something]

And Kirschwasser, so true "my bad" (slang)--rhythm as you say is different from quantity....

:thumbup:

Last edited: