Staying fresh on all of the material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matty675

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help me stay fresh/ remember material that I have studied a week or more ago? What worked best for you guys? Daily reviews on things that I've already studied seems like it would cut into my review of other material that I haven't studied yet.

The reason I ask is because I haven't studied GC in ~10 days and I decided to dive right into a Q-vault test today and my score dropped from a 24 when I took it 10 days ago to an 18 today. Sort of disappointing, but I guess it should be expected since I have been cramming QR/OC into my brain without giving GC a second thought.

Members don't see this ad.

I did a rotation through all subjects and each "cycle" through, shortened the amt of time spent on each. Initially, I spent about 1 week per subjected and by the end I was reviewing 1 subject per day and focussing on my weaker ones.

I felt the bio "stuck " better in my head, so I used my short term memory for chem, o chem study the last few days before testing. O chem especially seemed to be forgotten the fastest.

Keep "cycling" through all subjects and condense your notes each time to emphasize what was most difficult.

Good luck.