i have been accepted to ucla (my first choice) and waitlisted at cornell. when i got into UCLA i withdrew from everywhere except columbia, since a small part of me still fantasizes about living in NYC. the problem is i couldn't get accepted off the waiting list unless i told them it's my first choice. however, i couldn't really be sure if it's my first choice unless i were accepted (i would then take a second look, consider the financial aid package, etc...). is this a catch 22? i'd almost 99% go to UCLA, but i freaking paid 600 bucks of my own money to go on that interview, not including the AMCAS and secondary fees to the school. how do you go about showing an active interest when you *probably* wouldn't go the school anyway? i just can't withdraw from the list because maybe, just maybe i would go there. any advice? thanks.