Staying with student host: what to bring for sleeping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i'm sure people have stayed with student host and i wanted to ask what did you take with you, if anything, for sleeping.

I was thinking just a sleeping bag, but now i'm thinking it's big and probably hassel.
should i just take something to cover myself and that's it.

thx

Members don't see this ad.

Ask your host, if you can. So far, all but one had sheets/blankets they were willling to yet me use. I did take a sleeping bag to one, but I drove to that interview, so it wasn't too hard to throw in the trunk. Most likely, though, they'll have something for you to use. Just remember to pay for dinner or at least send a thank-you for all the stuff they do for you.

i could've used some ear plugs because i was sleeping on a couch in the common room

Members don't see this ad :)
I've hosted a few students coming for interviews, and I kind of saw it as my responsibility to provide sheets, clean towel, etc. If you can, ask the student host about what you should bring. He or she probably has at least a sleeping bag for you to use.

Yes, ask your host.

And make SURE you have a way to contact him or her (ie a cell phone number); I showed up at the door of my last host's place at 10:30 PM as we'd planned, and no one was home. She'd completely forgotten about me. It would have been really bad to be stranded in a strange city late at night not knowing where to go or what to do!