Step 1 Advice for my sister

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2012isnear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Congratulations to everyone who matched! I just have a question for my sister. Now she is someone who lacks confidence and on top of that, in my estimation, doesn't have the best work ethic. She just got her step 1 result and failed by a point. Now, she goes to a Caribbean school. I think it's better to fail than to barely pass but I don't know if she has it in her to shut off everyone and everything in her life for months and do nothing but study. She's someone who needs to work harder than most and it takes longer for her to understand certain concepts. She's in so much debt as well. I was thinking whether or not she should just go to PA school.

I don't get it. I tried to help her. I really did. She was just unwilling to listen to me just because she felt I was too rigid and too strict. Normally, one would feel so blessed and lucky having a sibling who just went through everything you are and did relatively well. I told her to study for 10-12 hours, memorize the hell out of FA, and do Uworld 2-3 times and focus carefully on the explanations for each choice even if she got it right. She took Kaplan also. To me, having so many sources is not a good thing. It's better to limit the amount of sources and just stick to FA and Uworld and maybe look for outside help on your major weaknesses (i.e. Microcards). Major question is, should she just really dedicate herself for the next few months or should she just abandon it and go to PA school. She has not done well in her classes either on the island. Any helpful feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Did she go to a Carib school? Don't they get a long time to study for step one?

Members don't see this ad :)