Step 1 and www.medrevu.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tyler

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm studying for Step 1 and was wondering if anyone had experience with the question bank at www.medrevu.com. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Tyler,

The question bank at medrevu has only been on-line for a couple of months, thus likely not long enough for a large number of people to have utilized it.

I suspect the questions are of the same quality as those in the NMS books (which are generally good); beware that the REAL thing contains much longer vignettes, more clinical vignettes, very very few buzzwords and mostly 2 step questions. The best approximation I found were the questions from the NBME itself. Medschool.com used to have a question bank as well - not many questions but pretty good ones, although again, a bit short to approximate the real thing.

For pencil and paper the best MCQs were the Body System ones - however, they are actually harder than the real thing. If you score around 65% on those, you'll be doing well. Most MCQs out there are too simplistic, rely too heavily on buzzwords and don't have clinical vignettes. It can be helpful to do them but they don't approximate the real test.

best of luck...

Hi Tyler,

The irevu question bank, available at medrevu.com, contains over 5,000 Step 1 questions from some of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' BRS, NMS and Board Simulator Series books. The question bank reflects the current CBT format of Step 1. You can answer the questions in test mode or in study mode, which offers explanations to the questions. Visit the site and take the free Sample 50. Currently, if you purchase a 30 day subscription, you get 30 days free.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

-Scott Lavine
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins