Step 1 Eligibility Period extension request online anywhere??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cameraGEEK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I am a US med student. Anyone know if there is an online way to request the 1 time only 3 month contiguous extension of the Step 1 eligibility period?

There is a test date I'd really like that is a week after my eligibility period ends, and the only form I can find on the site is a snail mail option, that takes a week to process, after it is received ... by then the available date will probably be taken? There is also a $65 fee they require; I am wondering if there is a way to pay it online?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, I am a US med student. Anyone know if there is an online way to request the 1 time only 3 month contiguous extension of the Step 1 eligibility period?

There is a test date I'd really like that is a week after my eligibility period ends, and the only form I can find on the site is a snail mail option, that takes a week to process, after it is received ... by then the available date will probably be taken? There is also a $65 fee they require; I am wondering if there is a way to pay it online?

Nope; gotta mail it in unfortunately. I had to get an extension as well. If time is an issue, go ahead and mail it out ASAP using overnight mail and send it to the address they have listed for express mail.