Step 1 going p/f! No worries! You can still take COMLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tozanzibarbymotorcar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don’t think comlex is restricted to DO students.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Stop trying to make this happen.its not going to happen. I'd rather straight Cath myself than learn some nonsense psuedoscience for a test that has worse discerning ability.

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How about not lol

Reactions: 1 users
"Step 1 going p/f! No worries! You can still take COMLEX"

There's more than a grain of truth to this than you think, but only for DOs.

Are you saying the DO's and low tier MD schools could be on the same playing ground?

EDIT: As it wasn't clear in what I said, this is wishful thinking that will likely never happen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
"Step 1 going p/f! No worries! You can still take COMLEX"

There's more than a grain of truth to this than you think, but only for DOs.

COMLEX being used to stratify DO applicants against one another?

Oh I agree. I just thought Goro's comment was alluding to that

I think it does. Regardless, if you see USMLE: P from two strong DO candidates but one scored in the 95th percentile on COMLEX vs 80th, definitely gonna sway that decision

I feel bad for those who have to deal with the new P/F. I dont think its a good thing unless you are at a top tier program. Having the ability to distinguish yourself as a DO student with a good step score was something we were able to use to our advantage to an extent (yeah some schools wont even look at us but still it allowed us to get noticed at programs that those with new P/F may not have the opportunity to). Now i think this brings more stress since weight has shifted-instead of putting your heart and soul into one thing (Step 1) you have to be good at literally everything spending time networking researching getting good grades and rockings the shelves. Originally a high step score could make up for avg/slightly above avg in all those at some programs and in some specialties. Just my take on it. Oh and also IMGs are screwed (carib)

Last edited: