step 1 in 7 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flga

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to finish my 3rd year here in Louisiana and was wondering how I should go about studying for my exam in 7 weeks. I plan on using Qbank, but what books do you recommend with the amount of time that I have. Thanks for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that 7 wks in enogh time. Do as much Q-bank as you can (especially pathophysiology, micro/immuno, pharm, physiology, behavioral). First Aid was great for pharm and micro. You should also study from BRS pathology and BRS physiology. A lot of people liked pathophysiology for the boards (Ayala). I also used high-yield anatomy and high-yield neuroanatomy. I think you should not waste your time reading high-yield embryo and hy-histology, it is not worth it. Just read this material from first aid. Make sure you know everything in first aid. But honestly, step 1 is more about applying concepts than just memorizing stuff. I though that the most useful resorce I used was q-bank. Good luck.