Step 1 ominous feelings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GladifImakeit

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took Step 1 yesterday. Just wondering, did anyone else experience a sense of dread post-exam? I didn't feel too good about my performance. It was total jamais vu' when I started block 1. "Where am I? What's going on?"

Is this typical or should I be worried? Things got better as the day progressed but the first block felt super challenging. Eh, thanks if anyone can assuage my fears.

Oh, by the way, the computers at prometric crashed during block 3. They pulled the test back up after 45 minutes and claimed none of the data was lost. Let's hope.

Members don't see this ad.

So I took Step 1 yesterday. Just wondering, did anyone else experience a sense of dread post-exam? I didn't feel too good about my performance. It was total jamais vu' when I started block 1. "Where am I? What's going on?"

Is this typical or should I be worried? Things got better as the day progressed but the first block felt super challenging. Eh, thanks if anyone can assuage my fears.

Oh, by the way, the computers at prometric crashed during block 3. They pulled the test back up after 45 minutes and claimed none of the data was lost. Let's hope.

This place is filled with people posting to say that they felt they did terrible after the exam, who post later to say that they got 240+.

Yea, hopefully none of the data was lost. And hey, you got a free 45 minute break. They didn't count that as part of your allotted break time right?

True story.. My buddy took his exam a few months ago.. After the exam, he was terrified, thought he had to guess on almost all his choices. He told me he was so worried that he failed, he wouldnt put his FA or any other books away in storage because he was so confident he possibly failed. 3 weeks later, scored over a 240! haha

btw, another friend of mine had his computer shut down on him... He said he received an email the next day or so from the usmle examiners saying everything was recovered.. so you may get an email from them soon..

Good luck!

just jamais vu - no apostrophe necessary :), i havent heard that used in a long time!!

as previous posters have said, freak out can be inversely proportional to perception of exam performance.

regarding your case with the computer problem, CALL USMLE and confirm that your test went through A - OK. None of us here can give you the answer to that. Better to be safe!!! Gluck

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i took it today and got hammered. I thought it was harder than the nbme's for sure--also the ethics questions is where i lost most points...sucks

Crashed while submitting my last block. Wrote the NBME and a few days later received assurance that all blocks were accounted for... although they did address the letter to "Ms." , which probably just re-affirms what my high school football coach meant when he referred to me as "Nancy" during tackling drills.