USMLE Step 1 Online Study Buddy for mid-August 2020 (5 weeks out)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SueSussudio

Reaction score
In addition to posting in the study buddy megathread, I hope those here who are interested in such an arrangement will message me as soon as possible. Thanks!

1) Test Date: mid-August 2020

2) Location: EST (US MD)

3) Stage of Studying:
- Much of UWorld still left to cover (~50% ): aim to cover at least 60 Qs/day w/o rushing or being too slow
*taking the time to thoroughly cover full length of UWorld explanation (not just educational objective) with someone to aid in question interpretation and improve recognition of various images/ audio files (eg. heart sounds) within the scope of Step 1
- review self-made Anki cards together to utilize spaced repetition and aid in retention/ understanding (slow is fast)
- no GOAL score in mind atm: just aiming to do the best I can do while avoiding failure

4) Type of Study Buddy: Skype ONLY (no webcam necessary, audio/ screen-sharing works just fine); USMLE Step 1

5) Goal of Study Buddy:
- Due to COVID-19, my exam has been rescheduled to August from its original date in April. Therefore, working with others would help me stick to a regimented schedule that promotes accountability, understanding, and active learning strategies.
- 2 minds > 1 mind
- w/i next 5 weeks, complete remainder of UWorld Qs together (ALL systems and subjects combined) → create own Anki cards (which I can immediately share following session if you too decide to add to your own deck)
- assistance completing due Anki cards +/- new cards: these add up quickly and tend to take up a lot of the day since my pace is much slower when I'm not reviewing with someone → avoid falling too far behind + to aid in high-yield discussions/ integration of content, identify weaknesses in understanding, strengthen retention, and speed recall (especially useful strategy for pharmacology)
- this is an opportunity for 2 strangers who may or may not ever meet to help each other along in their respective journeys in medicine. Let's focus on improving our performance with honest feedback, a commitment to oneself and the study buddy, and a chill vibe

6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other:
- WANT/NEED to start ASAP
- Only contact me if you are able to commit DAILY for either at least 2-3 hours sessions and/ or up to 6 hours over the NEXT 5 WEEKS (~until mid-August). Consistency and routine are VITAL at this stage.
- Ideal hours would be:
* 4a-12p (mainly UWorld Qs +/- NEW Anki cards)
* 1-4p (Uworld + review Anki cards)
* 5:30-7p (review Anki cards only → aids in accountability/ productivity during late evening hours)

Thanks and gluck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.