STEP 1 plan...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoopdaboop

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't done much studying for boards. My school ends its last organ system/major block mid April. I have 6 weeks of OS/Clerkship stuff after which will definetly not take the majority of my day, then 6 weeks of pure dedicated. Kind of worried. I plan to do FAPS during the first 6 weeks with mild UWORLD, then 6 weeks really ramp **** up with UFAPS. I don't really need a uber duper 250 Ortho score, because I really only am interested in GI/Cardio/neuro/rads. Is this good enough to pull a 230-240?

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't done much studying for boards. My school ends its last organ system/major block mid April. I have 6 weeks of OS/Clerkship stuff after which will definetly not take the majority of my day, then 6 weeks of pure dedicated. Kind of worried. I plan to do FAPS during the first 6 weeks with mild UWORLD, then 6 weeks really ramp **** up with UFAPS. I don't really need a uber duper 250 Ortho score, because I really only am interested in GI/Cardio/neuro/rads. Is this good enough to pull a 230-240?
So many variables. Have you kept up with material through all of M1/M2? Or did you binge/purge for each block? If yes to the first, have you used Anki (i.e. Anking deck) religiously? Take a practice exam at the start of your 12 week period to see, then another before your harsh 6 weeks of UWORLD to see if you improved at all. And make sure you really utilize Uworld correctly - timed, random. Then review it all. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
So many variables. Have you kept up with material through all of M1/M2? Or did you binge/purge for each block? If yes to the first, have you used Anki (i.e. Anking deck) religiously? Take a practice exam at the start of your 12 week period to see, then another before your harsh 6 weeks of UWORLD to see if you improved at all. And make sure you really utilize Uworld correctly - timed, random. Then review it all. Good luck!

Nah, haven't kept up with anything really. I was going to do practice exams around the same time frame you mentioned. I've been using a deck for sketchy micro/pharm, though, and some uworld stuff i did.

Members don't see this ad :)
nvm. OP is a DO

It matters because past behavior predicts future behavior. If OP hasn't kept up with the material I suspect they didn't keep up with MCAT-focused material in undergrad either - and thus a lower MCAT and no MD A. Mostly wishful thinking
lmao u right, i got a 507 then 515 on a retake as i was applying to mostly do programs. So your point is that only students who kept up with an anking deck are scoring 240+? That's definitely silly.

congrats on being part of 2% of DO with >=515. Not sure if you're trying to impress me or point out your poor planning and execution in "applying to mostly DO programs." I was just trying to help, not sure why you're on the defense.

Wait, you cannot be serious? Read what you wrote first lmao. There was no "helping". And I wasn't being defensive, you're apparently a MD to be with a hard on for someone's MCAT score, so I was trying to give you what you wanted. Why do you know the percentage of students that get that score? Lmao. Go outside, get some sun.

Reactions: 1 users