Step 1 practice at Prometric site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sebsvenmdc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question...is there a way to NOT find out how you do on the practice 150 at the prometric site? My practice 150 is 4 days before my real Step 1. I definitely would NOT like to know until after the Step 1. So, when you find out how you did...it's by getting a sheet of paper with the percent correct, right? Or does your score or the number you answered correct/incorrect also get displayed on the computers. If it's the former...I won't look at the sheet until the Step is over.

I took my last assessment about 3 days ago...I'm not interested in assessing anymore, time for the real thing.

Members don't see this ad.

If you really don't want to know, don't look at the computer acreen after you indicate that you're done with the last section--just take off--and ask the person who hands you the print out to fold it in half for you because you don't want to know. You can then look at it after you finish your test.

If you really don't want to know, don't look at the computer acreen after you indicate that you're done with the last section--just take off--and ask the person who hands you the print out to fold it in half for you because you don't want to know. You can then look at it after you finish your test.

Lol, nice! Sounds like a good idea, but after the % shows up, will there be something that I was supposed to click through? Like if I get up and just walk away, I wonder if the proctors will tell me to go back to the computer because I have something left to click?

I've done well on practice tests, but I think it will only hurt to find out how I do. Because then if I do a bit worse than expected, I'll be concerned. And if I do as well as I've been doing on NBMEs, etc...I'll get too complacent in the last days.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you just want to see what the test conditions will be like, take the first block and leave. Take the free 150 at home and close it before you submit so it won't show you a percentage.

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take to get the permit from the NBME to take the practice at prometric?

I registered yesterday and still no permit in my inbox!

:(