Step 1: What to use for pharm review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOOYAH

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm torn as to what to use for pharm review for step 1. Lippincott seems too dense to read (taking the test in 1 month), although it's a good book. High Yield and First Aid pharm don't seem to have enough stuff...What are people using with success? I'm considering trying pharm cards now.

Members don't see this ad.

BRS pharm.....intermediate between the books u mentioned.

i would skip certain chapters in BRS pharm tho...like toxicology and anti-neoplastic drugs.....

Pharm Recall is excellent. I am using that along with lippincott's for reference.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think using first aid as the guide, and use pharm cards to fill in the rest of information. but you know, after a month of studying...you probably will only memorize what is in first aid.

First Aid is all i'm using for pharm.

i've been annotating it during our entire pharm course. it's now quite complete.

im going with FA for pharm, micro , biochem and anatomy. i think FA is pretty high yield in these areas, enough that if you know the stuff in FA in these subjects, you should be able to do very well on those sections.