step 2 clinical skills exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crimson&Clover

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

if we take step 2 in say, may, do we have to take the clinical skills part? and where on earth do we actually sign up for step 2?...i just glanced at the website and can't find the info, i guess i'll go back and look harder...thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is yes, this year the clinical skills exam will be required. I don't know about the rest.

Casey

You register for Step 2 (both parts) here. You can register for both at the same time, or separately. You can take either part whenever you want (of course, your school may have rules about this).

If you graduate by Dec 2004, you do not need to take the clinical skills portion, even if you take the exam in May.

thanks for the info guys! drlard, where did you get the info that we don't have to take the clinical skills part if we graduate by dec. 2004?

We've been told the same -- anyone graduating in 2005 has to take the CSE, no matter when you take Step 2...i.e. those who graduate AND complete Step 2 prior to 1/1/05 do not have to take the CSE.

I'd check the NBME website.