Step 2 CS 10/11/2017 Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyberchicken001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured maybe it's time to start a support group for those anxiously awaiting their scores. About me: I took the exam this past week. I'm a US student, did fairly ok on my school OSCE, but was very nervous for CS anyway because I had not seen a patient in over a month before taking the exam. Walked out feeling not bad, but so many mistakes have been hitting me the past few days and I have constant anxiety that I failed and dread the thought of possibly having to retake this thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Surprised this thread isn't getting more love. Surely I can't be the only one thinking about this as interviews come out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea...I was just asking because everyone seems to say that if your permit disappears you will get the results next week, or that you passed. But I don't know if that's true :))

Doesn't that usually happen the day before? Something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how long mine has been gone...I just noticed it the other day. I'm just clinging on to any hope and superstition that it means something. Honestly more scared than I've ever been about an exam, mostly because it's so expensive and time consuming. Took it 8/16 btw

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know how long mine has been gone...I just noticed it the other day. I'm just clinging on to any hope and superstition that it means something. Honestly more scared than I've ever been about an exam, mostly because it's so expensive and time consuming. Took it 8/16 btw

Is your exam period over though?

Word. Biggest motivation not to retake this exam

What do you mean like did the entire statement disappear which says click here to print permit or its still there but when you click it, its not there and sAys permit not available?

yup i can still see and click it. you? AMG btw.[/QUOTE i just see the statement saying click here to print permit.. But once i click it, it says permit unavailable since you are not currently registered for CS. Although my eligibility would expire in 2018.. Perplexed :/ i am an AMG too

Yeah mine is still there and I can still open it. I think we're all on the same page because we're AMGs
I am an AMG too but i just see the statement saying click here to print your permit.. When i click it i cant find permit rather it says permit unavailable since you are not registered for CS.( eligibilty ending in 2018) Does this mean i am screwed :O scared to death now.. :(

AMG.
Still see “PRINT PERMIT” button under Step 2 CS when I log in to NBME Licensing Examination Services website. It shows my permit when I clicked on it.

Took it on Aug 12

Reactions: 1 user
What do you mean like did the entire statement disappear which says click here to print permit or its still there but when you click it, its not there and sAys permit not available?
Well in Oasis, i still have the link, but when I click on it, it says I'm not registered. In IWA the link disappeared.

AMG here; mine just disappeared. What's the consensus on the validity of this being a good sign?

Update: checked back in 2 hours since last time I checked. The click box has disappeared.

We still do not know if this means either pass or fail, but upon reading related posts here, it most likely means we will get the score back this Wednesday.

Update: checked back in 2 hours since last time I checked. The click box has disappeared.

We still do not know if this means either pass or fail, but upon reading related posts here, it most likely means we will get the score back this Wednesday.

I was under the impression this was a solid indicator of a passing score. I realize the evidence is mostly anecdotal, but hopefully it is true.

I was under the impression this was a solid indicator of a passing score. I realize the evidence is mostly anecdotal, but hopefully it is true.

That was my impression too and I genuinely hope so, but the mere fact that we have not seen anyone who had the permit disappeared and failed the exam does not necessarily mean permit disappering = passing, given the high passing rate in the first place.

That was my impression too and I genuinely hope so, but the mere fact that we have not seen anyone who had the permit disappeared and failed the exam does not necessarily mean permit disappering = passing, given the high passing rate in the first place.

Confirmed. Mine is gone as well. Fingers crossed!

If I remember correctly, people who did not pass Step 1 and Step 2 CK had their permits disappear. I think it just means you'll be getting a score report.

If I remember correctly, people who did not pass Step 1 and Step 2 CK had their permits disappear. I think it just means you'll be getting a score report.
Can you tell us from where you remember? Person you know or person on here? Sorry but we need our hope :))

So my CS permit is gone, but Oct 11 was also supposed to be when I get CK back and permit is still there. Hm...:eyebrow:

To clarify, my 'print permit' LINK for Step 2 CK has not disappeared. The permit itself has disappeared (an 'application error' appears instead, when I click on the link). My link has disappeared for CS. Still not sure what it all means though. My hunch says it means the CS score is coming this Wednesday but the CK score is not.

To clarify, my 'print permit' LINK for Step 2 CK has not disappeared. The permit itself has disappeared (an 'application error' appears instead, when I click on the link). My link has disappeared for CS. Still not sure what it all means though. My hunch says it means the CS score is coming this Wednesday but the CK score is not.
Well I hope we get CK also but who knows, we are all reading tea leaves

Permit disappeared. It will help me sleep this week thinking that means pass. AMG.

Just noticed my ck permit is now gone