Step 2 CS Cancelled Due to Flooding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTacoElf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an email yesterday that my CS in Chicago on August 5th was cancelled due to flooding. Too bad I already booked a hotel room for 5 days and a flight. :mad:
They say rescheduling won't be bad but as I look at the site all times for the rest of the year are filled :mad::mad::mad:

Members don't see this ad.

that sucks man. I believe there is a way to get email notifications daily when spots open up. You have to be really on the ball though and have the emails sent to your phone or something. The spots fill up in a heartbeat

You pay more than a thousand dollars for a test, it gets cancelled, so they don't offer you any other spot? Well done NBME. :rolleyes:

I got this email too; I was scheduled for August 12th. This blows!! The email states that they will try to reschedule us all so that we'll get scores before December 31st, but it's still a huge pain and I worry they won't make it easy! Anyone else been in this situation before?

Members don't see this ad :)
Stop whining, it sucks but it was something that is out of their control. Unless you think the NBME has the power to control the weather. They will work to make it better but you have to give them time to work it out adjust their schedule and find an opening for everyone. This isn't an ideal situation for the NBME either but don't get your panties in a twist because they haven't come up with a plan yet to solve the solution. I know you want to take the exam but it's not the end of the world.

I'd worry about the hotel and the flight than the exam.