1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Step 2 CS Cancelled Due to Flooding

Discussion in 'Step II' started by DrTacoElf, Jul 28, 2011.

1. DrTacoElf

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Got an email yesterday that my CS in Chicago on August 5th was cancelled due to flooding. Too bad I already booked a hotel room for 5 days and a flight. :mad:
    They say rescheduling won't be bad but as I look at the site all times for the rest of the year are filled :mad::mad::mad:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PokerDoc

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    that sucks man. I believe there is a way to get email notifications daily when spots open up. You have to be really on the ball though and have the emails sent to your phone or something. The spots fill up in a heartbeat

4. greg1184

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You pay more than a thousand dollars for a test, it gets cancelled, so they don't offer you any other spot? Well done NBME. :rolleyes:

5. stressed8

Medical Student
    I got this email too; I was scheduled for August 12th. This blows!! The email states that they will try to reschedule us all so that we'll get scores before December 31st, but it's still a huge pain and I worry they won't make it easy! Anyone else been in this situation before?

6. ieatpaste37

ieatpaste37 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

That's brutal. Get a lawyer involved.

7. Slevin

Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Stop whining, it sucks but it was something that is out of their control. Unless you think the NBME has the power to control the weather. They will work to make it better but you have to give them time to work it out adjust their schedule and find an opening for everyone. This isn't an ideal situation for the NBME either but don't get your panties in a twist because they haven't come up with a plan yet to solve the solution. I know you want to take the exam but it's not the end of the world.

I'd worry about the hotel and the flight than the exam.

8. Slevin

Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]