• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Step 2 CS cancelled (for now)

About the Ads

FindersFee5

5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2016
  1. Medical Student
This would be literally the best news of this whole cycle.

Edit - anybody else already thinking about what they'll spend their $1300 refund on?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
About the Ads
A

AnatomyGrey12

Seriously, if you read it carefully. The wording is not convincing...Not the type of message I expect from NBME to school deans.
Seems weird that the letter isn't addressed to anyone either..

Well it doesn't read like a letter to the deans specifically, it reads more like an announcement that they released early to deans as kind of a "heads up."

I'm not believing it until it's official on the USMLE site, but I will say the Reddit thread OP is a senior poster who hasn't ever been one to troll. Multiple posters there have said they were told the same thing by leadership. It's enough to prevent me from writing it off as a troll effort right off the bat.

I meannnnn we gotta wait on NBOME too so its gonna be more than friday for us lol

Oh yes. If this is real I fully expect the NBOME to fight it tooth and nail until they have absolutely no other option.

Reactions: 2 users

Alkaidius

PGY-1
7+ Year Member
May 14, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
What's up with the inconsistency? "Step 2 CS" versus "Step 2CS"

Only on SDN would someone Sherlock the truth behind this scheme by an accidental Spacebar lol. I don’t think it gives or takes away validity. Even bestselling novels have misspellings and this doesn’t even qualify as that.

Edit: but who knows!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads

Splenda88

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2019
  1. Attending Physician
It would be a small victory if that test is forever eliminated. Still angry about ~2k (test fee + travel expense + hotel) I spent for that nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Lawpy

30% Full Member
7+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
Replacement Chat
forums.studentdoctor.net
It would be a small victory is that test is forever eliminated. Still angry about ~2k (test fee + travel expense + hotel) I spent for that nonsense.

Or at least stop requiring US grads to take that dumb test. Use CS as a screening tool for IMGs

Reactions: 13 users

Oedipa Maas

2+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2019
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I say this is a 10/10 troll. Something looks fishy about the template and the wording of it. Also why would this person get a notification for anyone else.

Just wanted to call it before anyone else does. I win the internet if it’s a hoax

Agreed. Super clunky grammar throughout. I'm no expert but if a friend had sent me this to proofread before sending it out, this is what I would send back:
4683F252-9B6A-4E97-924E-46ACA5A0201E.png

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.