Step 2 CS Fail and Pass - Releasing Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aabs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am one of the growing unfortunates who failed their 1st attempt at CS. US MD degree, top half of the class, majority honors in clerkships, good step 1 and step 2 scores. I am now sitting on my fail and pass wondering if I should resend the scores to residency programs (on ERAS all programs will receive them) or maybe only sending the PDFs on an email to the programs that require a score before rank. I have heard varying opinions from residency PDs and the deans at my school, and want to see if SDN can maybe garner some more thoughts for me.

Any advice from PDs/APDs/anyone in the know would be very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am one of the growing unfortunates who failed their 1st attempt at CS. US MD degree, top half of the class, majority honors in clerkships, good step 1 and step 2 scores. I am now sitting on my fail and pass wondering if I should resend the scores to residency programs (on ERAS all programs will receive them) or maybe only sending the PDFs on an email to the programs that require a score before rank. I have heard varying opinions from residency PDs and the deans at my school, and want to see if SDN can maybe garner some more thoughts for me.

Any advice from PDs/APDs/anyone in the know would be very appreciated.

Presumable Step 1 and Step 2ck are already in? If so, I would definitely NOT send your CS fail then pass to all programs. PDF an email to programs that require it is a good strategy... negates the risk of it hurting you at programs that don't require it, while ensuring that programs that do require it have it.

Reactions: 1 user